8111 Humble Westfield Road Humble, TX 77338
Our client, a large independent manufacturer, located in Humble, TX is seeking a Controller to join their stable team!
The Controller will provide a hands-on approach to all accounting and financial operations for the company.
Location: Humble, TX
- Responsible for the end of month close, AR, AP, Accruals, Bank reconciliation, intercompany reconciliation, Fixed Assets, Inventory checks, Loans.
- Responsible for the month end cut off and P&L analytics.
- Planning, directing, and auditing all accounting operational functions.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated monthly business results in comparison to last year and budget.
- Use data analysis for auditing performance.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors and with accordance to the US GAAP.
- Prepare the yearly budget.
- Collaborate with the operations to better performance and efficiency.
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance.
- Training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting leadership experience
- CPA required
- MUST have Experience working within a manufacturing and/or distribution environment
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including GAAP
- Ability to work independently and analytical skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.