515 Post Oak Blvd, Ste 300 , Suite 300 Houston, TX 77026 US
An independent marketing agency is looking for a Controller to lead and guide its accounting team. This individual has established experience as a Controller with strong analytical skills, and extensive experience in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), tax laws, internal controls, and financial forecasting. Working cross-functionally, the new leader will help improve operational efficiency by streamlining budgeting & financial reporting processes while maintaining effective communication & organizational effectiveness.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Bonus Potential
- Great Benefits
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operations.
- Maintain effective communication to accounting team and executive leadership.
- Ethically lead & guide the accounting team & financial responsibilities daily.
- Prepare financial reporting.
- Coordinate with vendors & consultants for accurate financial reporting.
- Provide executive leadership with all vital information to the decision-making process.
- Manage the budget process.
- Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes.
- Responsible for ethical & effective accounting and internal control systems.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of accounting technology.
- Develop, monitor, and communicate business performance metrics.
- Responsible for the effectiveness and decision making
- Hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience as a controller for 7+ years
- Experience in leading a team to achieve results
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of GAAP
- Experience in tax planning and implementing plans
- Experience producing and presenting financial reports, annual budgets, and forecasts
- Thorough understanding of tax and federal regulations
- Experience managing and overseeing all accounting roles
- Successful track record of forecasting financial results and metrics
- Thorough understanding of creating and filing financial statements
- Knowledgeable with QuickBooks and NetSuite (or equivalent – Salesforce, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Certifications: CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CMA (Certified Management Accountant), CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), and CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
- Experience in coaching and development
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.