8824 Fallbrook Drive Houston, TX 77064 US
A leading global manufacturer of control, safety, and hazardous area solutions is looking for an experienced Controller to oversee its accounting principles, practices, and procedures for maintaining fiscal records and preparing financial reports. The ideal candidate possesses a comprehensive knowledge of accounting and financial planning & analysis, along with a deep understanding of GAAP, cost accounting, and ERP systems. Working cross-functionally, the new leader will drive operational efficiency and continued growth by improving processes and results while maintaining essential accuracy and communication that supports all corporate and segment reporting adherence.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- 401k, 3% matching at 100%, 4-6% matching at 50%, vested on Day 1
- 3% Profit Sharing
- 120 PTO days
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all day-to-day accounting and financial activities of company’s US and Canadian entities.
- Manage all aspects of accounting, billing, financial statements, general ledger, inventory and cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting and forecasting, tax compliance, revenue recognition, and various special analyses.
- Perform as a true Business Partner to the US and Canadian Site Directors while managing traditional Controllership duties.
- Responsible for developing tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Site Directors and Executive Leadership Team, making actionable recommendations on improving operations and financial performance, identifying risks, and assisting in establishing annual objectives.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and interpretation of all the finance, accounting, and reporting activities for the N. America business units, including G/L maintenance, Hyperion, and Oracle FCC maintenance and uploads, and preparation of supplemental financial and operational data.
- Oversee the preparation of month end Corporate and internal financial reports.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of management reports and communications for these manufacturing businesses.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for leading and compiling the quarterly forecasts, annual operating plans, annual standard cost roll process, cycle count program, and similar ad hoc requests.
- Interface with banks and Corporate Treasury to control user access and resolve issues.
- Oversee all phases of A/R and A/P management including credit reviews and limits, establishing monthly goals and metrics for cash collections and maintaining internal controls.
- Streamline the procurement to pay cycle and transaction processing. Experienced with daily transaction processing and implementation of initiatives to streamline the procure to pay cycle.
- Responsible for the review, maintenance, and compliance of all Roper, Accounting, and SOX internal and financial controls, including reconciliations, system user access, and segregation of duties.
- Serve as the key point of contact and manage the preparation and support of requests for all internal, statutory, or tax audits or reviews.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of all local sales & use tax, GST/HST tax, property tax, and related regulatory compliance.
- Oversee the preparation of all tax schedules and documentation requested by Roper Tax Department or accounting firms preparing and filing our taxes.
- Ensure that all G/L tax accounts are accurate, including Tax Expense, Tax Payable, and Deferred tax accounts.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of progressive leadership and management.
- Effectively manage the Accounting staff, including establishing individual goals and objectives, preparing development plans, establishing backups for all functions, communicating tasks and responsibilities, providing clear feedback and guidance, and preparing reviews.
- Establish and communicate the vision to motivate the Accounting team and their engagement with the other functions in the company.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA or MBA preferred
- Must have experience working within a manufacturing company
- 7 or more years of progressive experience in Accounting or Financial Planning & Analysis
- Knowledgeable in intercompany transactions, eliminations, and foreign currency
- Experience with Hyperion, Oracle Financial Consolidation, and Close (FCC Oracle Cloud) or Smartview is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with a multinational corporate structure preferred
- Strong computer skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and experience with a major ERP system; Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent oral, written, verbal interpersonal, and presentation communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP, Cost Accounting, and ERP systems
- Excellent project management, analytical, and organizational skills