4500 Blalock Houston, TX 77041
Our client, a specialty home renovation firm in West Houston is seeking a skilled Controller to join their team! The Controller will manage the accounting operations of a multi company organization, as well as the cash management and risk management, along with supervising all accounting staff. Experience with Great Plains is a plus! If you are a project minded self-starter, you prefer data over people, thrive in a fast paced environment where accuracy and precision work is a must, we’d like to talk to you.
Salary: $100,000 - $110,000 plus bonus
Location: West, Houston
- Oversee accounting and financial operations of the company and its subsidiaries including AP/AR, job cost accounting, payroll and cash flow management
- Develop and maintain the system of internal accounting controls and financial reporting
- Budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Work-In-Progress reporting & job closeouts
- Produce monthly financial statements and ad-hoc management reports
- Coordinate tax returns and bank reporting
- Maintain state registrations, business and tax licenses, for all entities
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and analyzing financial statements, financial results analysis with strong variance explanations, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analize financial transactions and events in accordance with local GAAP.
- Prepare and/or review Balance Sheet Reconciliations and resolves differences.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases to assemble manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Focus on control of costs.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks.
- Responsible for internal and external Auditing.
- Responsible for Month End Processes – Reporting & Analysis
- Inventory management
- Review Project Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 10+ years of accounting experience required
- Has worked Great Plains and should have multiple years of prior experience using this platforms
- Strong experience working for a privately held business
- Need to be comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Process driven and ability to implement changes
- Possess a strong (positive) personality and confidence in their experience and job function
- Possess a track record of developing, managing and holding people accountable
- CPA ideal!
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.