3910 S. IH 35 Frontage Rd. Ste 300 Austin, TX 78704
A fast-growing real estate development company is looking for a Construction Superintendent to lead the overall homebuilding process for assigned developments. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking leader with an in-depth understanding of construction operations and processes. Reporting directly to the CEO, the new team member will ensure projects are delivered successfully through effective communication & collaboration while maintaining compliance with safety, health, and quality standards.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $75,000-$86,000 + Bonus
- Phone, fuel, and truck allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- PTO + Sick Days
Location: Austin, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Work Procurement
- Participate in marketing efforts by making contacts, maintaining a network of possible sub-contractors, trades, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers, and potential clients.
- Participate in proposal preparation (RFQ’s, RFI’s, etc.) through our construction software and constructability process during the design phase of developments.
- Determine sequence of construction activity and create schedules for proposed projects.
- Client Loyalty
- Understand and communicate to all field personnel the Owners’ goals regarding construction.
- Maintain positive relationships with the Owners, Architects, Engineers, Program Managers, Inspectors, City Officials, Vendors, Subs, and Suppliers for each development.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations throughout the Pre-Construction process.
- Participate in the Constructability Review and Value Engineering suggestions.
- Develop site logistics plan for each development.
- Maintain a collaborative approach in the development and management of the Pre-Construction Schedule with Project Manager.
- Participate in estimating and evaluate self-perform opportunities.
- Provide necessary information to the Project Manager and participate in bid prep.
- Handle onboarding for vendors and subs.
- Possess knowledge of local codes and construction practices.
- Ensure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and Sub-Contractors. Continually strive for zero injuries on each job site.
- Schedule and execute onsite safety meetings.
- Report jobsite incidents/accidents in a timely manner.
- Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite immediately.
- Review the plans, mockup details, and specifications for constructability and water intrusion; advise the project team of issues or deficiencies prior to installation of work.
- Participate in the BIM coordination by using prior construction knowledge.
- Understand project estimate, budget setup, and self-perform.
- Prepare sub-contractor and supplier contractual scopes of work for each development.
- Assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates.
- Prepare, manage, and update the detailed project schedule with quantities, sequence, and activity duration including procurement items with the project team.
- Establish the punch list process and close-out procedures with the Project Manager, Owners, and Architect.
- Schedule and procure tools, materials, and equipment necessary for each development.
- Ability to perform layout with total station, GPS, and tape measure, and verify Sub-Contractor’s layout.
- Mentor and train other employees as necessary.
- Execution On-Site
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work and corrected all deficiencies identified by project team prior to approving invoices.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions and assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions if necessary.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Communicate with project team regarding any change order directives immediately that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform the superintendent duties at multiple job sites simultaneously.
- Walk projects daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification through completion.
- Facilitate site inspections with senior management to review budgets, sub-contractor work, and any deviations to the approved plans.
- Provide the project team accurate job progress and schedules.
- Minimum 5 years of Construction experience with experience in Home Building
- Minimum 2 years of Superintendent experience in Home Building. Higher Education and Commercial Construction experience is a plus
- Safety standards knowledge and enforcement, OSHA 30 Hour, and CPR/First Aid/AED
- Lead bi-weekly sub-contractor coordination meetings in the office in Austin
- Log daily jobsite activities in Daily Report
- College Degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company’s auto insurability requirements.
- Ability to use construction management and file storage software including Co-Construct, Smartsheet, and ShareFile
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications
- Work well without close supervision
- Team player attitude in dealing with those in the office and in the field.
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and effective in high-pressure situations
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to set goals and create tasks
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.