2925 Briarpark Drive, Suite 200 Houston, TX 77042 US
A well-established chemical manufacturing company is looking for a Commercial Manager to ensure that all its commercial aspects are properly managed and controlled. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking leader with strong commercial acumen, business understanding, and industry knowledge. Reporting to the General Manager, the new leader will positively impact the business by developing strategic plans for the company’s overall operations and long-term growth.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $150,000-$220,000 + Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K – 7% company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Create and implement marketing campaigns for products, including pricing strategies and identifying target markets.
- Manage supply chain activities from local third-party sourcing to intercompany supplies.
- Develop and manage local storage and partnership in third-party toll-production and distribution.
- Develop and implement operational plans that meet the company’s goals.
- Develop and manage business budget for company’s commercial arrangements.
- Take lead role in advising around material/product pricing for commercial contracts.
- Monitor the performance of staff to ensure that they are meeting the company’s standards for productivity and quality of work.
- Oversee the development of strategic plans for the company’s overall operations and long-term growth.
- Implement organizational changes within the company to meet its goals or conform to legal requirements.
- Must have Bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering preferably with a master’s degree in business administration (MBA)
- Must have experience with base oils, or lubricant blending
- 10+ years of experience working in chemical or oil-related companies
- Strong commercial acumen, business understanding, and industry knowledge
- Ability to identify issues and areas for improvement through analysis
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Team orientated with strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage both internal and customer relationships
- Advanced negotiation, influencing, and stakeholder management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent financial training, data analysis ability, and numeracy skills
- Ability to work with multiple responsibilities and on multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work under time pressure
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.