1233 W 34th Street Houston, TX 77018 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX 77018
Type of Position: Temp-to-Hire
Schedule: M-F, 7am – 3:30pm / 8:30am – 5pm
- Inspect various kinds of electromechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical
- Test condition of windings according to EASA AR100.
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electromagnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electromechanical equipment.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage, or unusual conditions.
- Rewind various kinds of electromechanical equipment, including but not limit ed to: single-phase, three -phase, DC fields, armatures, wound rotors, and transformers.
- Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
- Test rewound electromechanical equipment according to EASA AR100 and document test results.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems, and various handheld power and non-power tools.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- Preferred minimum level of education: High School Diploma
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor
- Must complete a five-year hands-on apprenticeship
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Clearly see 20+ feet with or without corrective lenses; have ability for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.