A leading oil & gas company is looking for a Buyer to join their team! The Buyer will be responsible for purchasing goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
Salary + Additional Benefits:
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Temp – long term
- Prepare and raise Purchase Orders and Order Schedules through SAP S4 system.
- Call or email Vendors or internal personal to find status on Orders.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Support the Accounts Payable function in relation to Purchase Orders.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues
- Other data entry tasks related to receiving with the Sand Group
- Strong data entry skills. Ability to work quickly with few errors in analysis.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team or accounts payable team preferably within an oil or manufacturing environment
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities preferable
- Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be beneficial
- Must have an optimistic and can-do attitude. The work is never ending and time sensitive.
- Must be assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Must be aware and actively support all company Health, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to converse and use proper English grammar on all emails, documents, and phone calls.
Due to the high volume of applications, we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.