Business Development Manager
1655 Industrial Blvd. Suite 2579 Sugar Land, TX 77478
Business Development Manager
Manage an assigned DoD Branch /region for the sales-discovery, promotion, capture and support of products. These products are IT in nature and consist of but not limited to rugged computers and displays.
Salary: $100,000 + Commission (Guarantee 150-200K to start)
Location: Houston, TX
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The BDD will be responsible for the sales discovery, award capture and maintenance of opportunities with existing and new customers. This will be done both directly, or indirectly via managing of Manufacturer’s Reps, if applicable.
- The BDD will work directly with region Program Manager and an Inside Sales Rep to support all pre & post sales activities. This includes, but not limited to, discovery & lead generation, quote/lead follow up, demo/eval presentations, reseller development/management, Rep development/management, and Program Office (DoD) management.
- The BDD will exhibit and/or attend tradeshows to generate new leads, as well as meet with partners or customers.
- Grow the existing business within assigned DoD Branch accounts. Establish strong relationships with the appropriate contacts (Program, Project, Engineering, Procurement groups, OEMs and System Integrators) for current & upcoming projects.
- The BDD will be responsible for identifying and reporting on new competitive products and emerging market trends.
- The BDD will identify relevant trade shows to exhibit within the territory. BDD will be required to set own schedule beyond a 40 hour work week, if necessary, in order to complete all tasks as assigned.
- The BDD will be required to travel approx 50% within region and market.
- The BDD shall maintain performance and communication records using eSynergy, Dynamics 365 (CRM tool) , Outlook, and general updates to management.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Degree/BBA, BSBA: Bachelor of Business Administration / Bachelor of Science Business Administration or equivalent with 5-10 years of practical experience.
- The BDD will have a minimum of 5 years of practical experience calling directly on customers (outside sales) or have completed Sales Management Trainee Program.
- The BDD shall have experience working with Rep’s and managing workflow between the customer, the Rep and Manufacturer. There is no time requirement for working with Rep’s.
- The BDD shall have experience in the presentation of products and services to prospects and customers. This experience shall include presentations for the purposes of training and presentations for the purpose of selling to different level of groups within the accounts.
- At a minimum the BDD shall have experience and be fluent in all of the following Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook.
- The BDD shall have experience managing workflow through a complete understanding of ever changing customer requirements and applying a sense of urgency to them and completing the tasks on time.
- Selling into the ARMY is highly beneficial.
Due to the high volume of applications, we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.