Business Development Director - New Energies
9805 Katy Fwy , Suite 400 Houston, TX 77024 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $180,000-$219,000 + Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Car Allowance
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Strongly drive the company’s New Energies growth thereby meeting the targets defined in the company’s strategic objectives. Translate the company’s growth strategy into planning and actions.
- Identify and pursue new infrastructural logistics and/or related opportunities in the blue and green hydrogen ammonia, methanol, and CO2 space, including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services.
- Pro-actively build a network of, and cultivate relationships with, key industry clients, including strategic accounts, partners, governments, ports, and other stakeholders critical to the company’s growth ambition.
- Understand the needs of existing and new customers and able to think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and translating strategy into concrete actions to meet future customer requirements and improve the business.
- Participate in multiple industries and associated platforms, seminars, associations, and conferences.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Inflation Reduction Act and drive decisions and actions based on market and customer intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, Finance, or Engineering is required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in business development or comparable role, preferably in a petrochemicals, utilities or Infrastructure environment with related global industry knowledge and network
- Minimum 5 years of experience with port dynamics (e.g., Houston area) and/or major industrial clusters in the US preferred
- Understanding of liquid storage/logistic service industry or comparable large capex driven industries is preferable
- Possess entrepreneurial skills and ability to work in a business environment that is still developing
- Travel is essential for this position, but extent can be discussed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to quickly reflect opportunities in write-ups (investment proposals) and/or presentations
- Extensive knowledge of the oil and gas, chemicals, dry bulk, and logistics industry preferred
- Project management skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.