Business Development Director - PetChem
9805 Katy Fwy , Suite 400 Houston, TX 77024 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $180,000-$219,000 + Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Car Allowance
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Identify opportunities and generate projects through the following means:
- In-depth research into product markets and external factors shaping them (geopolitics, laws and regulations, technological developments, etc.) and understanding market needs for related infrastructure.
- Discussions with prospects and customers to understand their logistics bottlenecks and coming up with feasible solutions.
- Discussions with banks and other financial institutions to identify projects which may require new or alternative financial and strategic partners.
- Regular networking via attending conferences, seminars, and symposiums.
- Establish and develop partner relations with relevant entities – customers, financial institutions, consultants, etc. - on the decision-making level.
- Build business cases for identified projects, including the following aspects:
- Market forecast based on in-depth market analysis of specific products, identifying existing and projected commodity trends, and making “best”, “base” and “worst case” scenarios.
- Technical and engineering assessment of the facilities in close coordination with the engineering team and local operations team in understanding the capital costs and optimal functionality of the greenfield or brownfield assets.
- Financial evaluation of the project with a clear understanding of expected returns; perform risk analysis of each project.
- Leading commercial and legal negotiations with the stakeholders in close coordination with the relevant teams. Which can include joint ventures, commercial offtake agreements, bank loan agreements, EPC contracts, land lease/purchase agreements, etc.
- Preparation and presentation of the Investment documents required to management.
- Coordination and communication of ongoing projects to internal teams, top regional management, and company’s headquarters.
- Commercial decision-making support to management through provision of insights into respective products and geographies.
- Regular assessment and, if necessary, a revision of the general strategy of the company in each country, region or across a product portfolio.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, Finance, or Engineering
- At least 8 years commercial experience in the Petrochemical Industry, Oil and Gas or Industrial Gas, Midstream experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years Business Development experience with good track record demonstrated
- Strong networking and negotiations skills
- Strong in financial analysis skills and proposal preparation
- Possess strong market analysis skills and must be lateral thinking
- Proven ability to relate and communicate well to stakeholders at all levels, whether field technicians or executive leadership
- Self-starting and externally focused
- Possess entrepreneurial skills
- Travel is essential for this position (mainly USGC)
- Superior presentation and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the chemicals, oil and gas, dry bulk, and logistics industry
- Project management skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.