5055 E Grand Parkway S 5151 E Grand Parkway S Baytown, TX 77523
Our client, a successful manufacturing company in Southeast Houston is seeking a skilled Controller to join their team! The Controller will manage the accounting operations of a multi company organization, as well as the cash management and risk management, along with supervising all accounting staff. Must be fully bilingual (read,write,speak) in spanish and have CPA.
Location: South, Houston
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting operations for the division. This includes general ledger, accounts receivable, invoicing, accounts payable, payroll, cost and inventory accounting and financial reporting and analysis.
- Maintain general ledger in strict accordance with GAAP and ensure the accuracy of accounting systems and financial reporting.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk and ensures compliance with those policies and procedures.
- Oversees the preparation and publication of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Recommends, maintains and regularly publishes benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and financial and cash forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management and recommends corrective actions as needed.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on pricing decisions, and project profitability. Provides guidance to sales and operations on actions needed to improve profitability.
- Works with auditors, tax advisors, insurance providers and other external parties to provides needed information and manages compliance processes.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 10+ years of accounting experience required
- CPA A MUST
- Bilingual in spanish- Fluency a must
- Need to be comfortable wearing multiple hats
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.