Bilingual AP Clerk
Bilingual Accounts Payable Clerk
A successful, well-established company is seeking a Spanish Bilingual Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team in West Houston. This is a direct hire role with a great employer that has been growing during this economic downturn. The ideal candidate has 2 years of accounts payable experience and is fluent in Spanish.
Location: Houston, TX (West)
Salary: $13-15 per hour
- Perform everyday management of all utilities payment cycle (process checks and recording invoices on a regular basis)
- Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of utilities invoices
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Apply ACH and/or credit card payments to utilities invoices
- Keep track, process and reconcile utilities payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Tabulate data on a regular basis
- Perform monthly AP Aging reconciliation
- Compile and present necessary reports
- Continuously improve payment processes
- Address and respond to vendors, stores and management inquiries
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations
- Previous working experience in Accounts Payable
- Must have a basic understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Ability to work long hours during closing and budget season or as business dictates.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluent (speak, read, write).
Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to personally respond to each applicant. Should your resume be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.