An innovative aerospace company is searching for an Avionics Engineer to design, develop, and test space-qualified electronics. Independent thinkers who are passionate about space and thrive when tasked with diverse responsibilities will appreciate the deadline-driven work environment that promotes ingenuity and idea sharing. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Engineering, the new Avionics Engineer will collaborate across engineering teams to support a variety of industry-leading commercial space exploration and research initiatives.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Standard Health Benefits – company provides monthly stipend to help with costs.
- 401(k) match up to 4% - eligible after 90 days.
- 12 PTO Days
Location: Huntsville, AL or Webster, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Principal-level electrical engineers with direct space focused avionics experience to lead or direct external resources working on our detailed design
- Significant exp working on Satellites or Orbital Vehicles
- Expert-level knowledge of
- DC Power System design
- Command and Data Handling avionics Systems
- Design and develop space-qualified electronics, including power supplies and power distribution systems, command and data handling systems, electromagnetic filters, sensors, integrated flight computers, electrical cables and harnesses, and other digital and analog circuits.
- Conduct avionics and electrical development and troubleshooting by utilizing digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, waveform/function generators, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, simulators, power switches, electronic load banks, break-out-boxes, and associated test and measurement equipment.
- Conduct PCB design, including schematic drawing, layout and routing, symbol and footprint creation, and generation of fabrication files and assembly drawings.
- Write technical documents such as assembly instructions, test procedures, interface requirements, and test and analysis reports.
- Perform qualification and acceptance testing on batteries, capacitors, containment vessels, and other safety critical flight hardware.
- Review payload designs and provide feedback to payload developers.
- Support proposal efforts, provide solutions for proposal challenges, communicate and document technical approaches, and provide inputs to cost and schedule estimates.
- Provide regular status reports and updates to Engineering management and Program/Project managers.
- Maintain inventory and traceability controls for avionics components, sub-components, systems, lab tools, test equipment, and electrical systems.
- Prioritize workload to ensure timely development, test, and delivery of flight and non-flight (ground system) hardware.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines, Quality Assurance, Flight Operations, Systems Verifications, and Safety throughout the development, manufacturing, inspection, testing, and qualification process for hardware.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or related technical field
- Master of Science degree in engineering or science discipline (preferred)
- 5+ years of applicable experience in space flight hardware development and testing
- Experience includes
- Environmental testing of spaceflight hardware such as EMI/EMC, Vibration, Acoustics, Thermal, Vacuum, and other related testing
- Fabrication, manufacturing, and assembly of spaceflight hardware
- Development of embedded systems
- Working knowledge of CAN Bus, USB, DIO, RS-232/422, Ethernet, MIL-1553, and other communication interfaces and protocols
- PCB design, fabrication, and assembly (Altium Designer experience preferred)
- Software Programming and knowledge of C++ and Linux Systems (a plus)
- US Citizenship required