18210 Beaumont Hwy Houston, TX 77049 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- OT or equivalent annual salary plus bonus based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX 77049
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Provide technical automation and controls support during production breakdowns as well as new equipment installations, commissioning, retrofits, and continuous improvement projects.
- Perform equipment malfunction investigation to increase equipment reliability by identifying root cause, determining corrective actions/preventative measures, and following up on any deviations.
- Work with maintenance personnel to diagnose and repair machinery.
- Perform setup and calibration for process and control instrumentation such as: Flow meters, Temperature, and Pressure transducers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with variable frequency drives and servo drives.
- Install and commission instrumentation for data collection as per requests from Engineering and/or Operations team.
- Maintain and continuously develop existing plant control systems.
- Perform routine diagnostic checks and audits on equipment, electrical panels, and control systems.
- Follow all safety regulations, such as Arc Flash protection and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Follow all company policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner across all manufacturing facilities.
- Engineering degree related to Robotics, Automation, or Industrial Controls and relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of PLCs, HMIs, including programming techniques in ladder logic and structured text (Experience with B&R Automation, Rockwell Automation and/or Automation Direct)
- Mechanically and electrically minded with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues
- Comfortable with the use of tools such as volt meters, drills, screwdrivers, wrenches etc.
- Ability and dexterity to climb ladders, utilize lifts, and perform work in elevated machinery
- Thorough understanding of VFDs, servos, electrical motors, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Thorough understanding of Industrial Networking. (Ethernet, E/IP, ModbusTCP)
- Thorough understanding of Industrial Instrumentation - Level, Pressure, Flow, Temperature, Proximity Sensors, Reed Sensors, Laser Distance, and Through-Beam Sensors
- Thorough understanding on how to read and write PLC code (ladder and structured text), Schematic wiring, and P&ID process diagrams
- Knowledge of Power Distribution Systems - LV/MV Switchgear, Motor Control Centers (MCCs), Panelboards, Switchboards is an asset
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical and ability to create and/or edit electrical schematics asset
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work unsupervised
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills with a great attention to detail
- Must follow the Company Core Values: Respect for All, Own It and Results Focused
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.