Accounts Payable Specialist
14510 Wagg Way Road Houston, TX 77041 US
Our client, a manufacturing company in NW Houston has an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Specialist for a long-term contract. The ideal candidate is an accounting expert knowledgeable of accounts payable best practices.
Location: NW Houston, TX
Type of Position: Temp
- Ensuring compliance with financial transaction recording standards (e.g., general ledger, cash payments/collections, tax transactions, etc.)
- Control/reconciliation of accounts and records (balance sheet, P&L, bank accounts, etc.)
- Accounting reports/schedules for internal audiences (management reporting) and/or for external audiences (compliance reporting), including consolidation of financial statements, cash flow reporting, budget reporting, etc.)
- Accounts Payable/Receivable and/or Credit & Collection
- Responsible for processing, analyzing, and maintenance of accounts payable and/or accounts receivable.
- Complete assigned daily ledger entries and other financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles so that the general ledger is accurate and up-to-date.
- Collect and compile simple financial information and assist senior accountants to prepare accurate and timely financial reports and accounting statements for senior management.
- Responsible for invoicing for all locations, including debit / credit memos, and RMA’s and daily reconciliation of all.
- Process out-going freight bills, credit card payments, wire transfers, positive pays, ACH payments, etc.
- Maintain fixed asset folders and spreadsheets.
- Assist with various special accounting projects as assigned by supervisor, controller or another accounting department co-workers that need assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with procedures, workflow, policies, and checklists for assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance to internal procedures, policies, and regulatory guidance.
- Ensure all deadlines and schedules are met on time and in accordance with Management’s expectations.
- Meet expectations and dept KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar discipline is required
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting field required; understanding of AP required
- Excel working knowledge, including pivot tables required
- MS Office working knowledge
- Comply with Finance SOPs
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.