4840 Lafin Dr. Beaumont, TX 77705
A successful food distribution company is looking for an Accounting Manager to establish internal controls, segregation of duties, and guidelines for accounting transactions. The ideal candidate is well-versed in accounting & tax preparation software and knows accounting best practices & principles.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $85,000-$90,000 + 10% Bonus
- Medical Benefits
Location: Beaumont, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Establish internal controls, segregation of duties, and guidelines for accounting transactions.
- Handle vendor and customer set-ups and ongoing maintenance.
- Manage overall payables and collections process, including creating the weekly check run and ensuring timely collection of receivables.
- Work with senior management and investors to develop annual budget preparation.
- Prepare business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for working with outside accounting firm on tax planning throughout the fiscal year; file annual corporate tax return.
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinate with outside auditors and provide needed information for the annual external audit.
- Present recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provide financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
- Five years or more of related experience within a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Certified Public Accountant designation strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software; QuickBooks experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced MS Excel) required
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.