New Orleans, LA 70112 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Depends on experience + Discretionary Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
Location: New Orleans, LA
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible for the procurement of metals by identifying, developing, and securing prospective accounts and maintaining customer accounts with the ultimate goal of driving the growth and prosperity of the overall business.
- Responsible for buying scrap metal to sustainably grow margin, volumes, and ultimately market share in accordance with guidance provided by regional management.
- Required to learn the wide range of grades of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Understand local, state, and federal ordinances related to procurement of metals.
- Required to learn the operational processes of how metals are received, graded, processed, and shipped and to stay up to date with future changes.
- Maintain excellent communication with all functional departments such as safety, operations, logistics, finance, marketing with a problem-solving approach.
- Through market research, develop understanding of company’s position in the marketplace relative to customers and competitors, including strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Responsible for staying up to speed with metal markets by absorbing available trade publications and internal price guidance and through communication with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing lasting relationships with all customers.
- Complete ownership of book of business and willingness to provide transparency of strategy, progress, and growth through usage of CRM system, excellent verbal communication, and periodic written reports.
- Identify and attend trade shows, industry conventions, local business organizations that help to promote the company and grow the business.
- Become an ambassador for the company with the goal of enhancing its reputation at every opportunity.
- Become an expert in marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Requirement to learn the fundamentals of the company’s business within the geographic region by working in all departments with designated mentors and showing a desire to learn; Report regularly on development progress with manager; Expectation that this should be at least a 12-month process and will involve time in both the yard and office environments regardless of experience level
- Experience in sales and with customer service preferred
- Understanding of local geographical area preferred
- Demonstrable experience of excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with corporate personnel, customers, vendors/suppliers, and employee in all positions of seniority and responsibility
- Proficient with IT and ability to learn company’s operating systems and software
- Ability to interpret reporting data and trends
- Inherent desire to learn the business and for self-development
- Willingness to accept special projects as determined by management
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to generate new ideas through independent research
- Aptitude for critical thinking
- Passion for the business and what they do
- Perseverance through adversity
- Competitive spirit
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.