Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston, TX
Position Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 (Depending on Experience) + Bonus
- Reporting to the VP of Operations, this role will serve as a member of the Operations Senior Leadership Team.
- The Terminal Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the entire terminal facility to accomplish company key results and objectives.
- Direct reports include Senior Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, and Customer Service Manager.
- Overall responsibilities include a team of production supervisors, a bargaining unit production and maintenance staff.
- This position will also manage a growing bulk liquid storage facility located on an adjacent property; and will potentially have management responsibility for remote locations.
- Meet customer requirements for 24/7 delivery of internal customer products and third-party customer products, potentially across multiple locations.
- Maintain an inquisitive nature while promoting teamwork.
- Contribute to and develop strategies for the successful execution of the business.
- Ensure terminal team is properly staffed, qualified and trained to meet production needs.
- Responsible for all third-party stored inventory and reconciles inventory issues
- Ensure all operations are carried out safely in accordance with Jacob Stern policies, procedures and meet all HSSEQ requirements.
- Work closely with the HSSEQ Manager to ensure regulatory records are kept and procedures are followed.
- Promotes terminal cleanliness.
- Oversee Customer Service interface between Bulk Liquid Storage customers for the day-to-day operations.
- Ensure staff is qualified and trained to meet safety, quality and production standards. Work closely with Inventory and Production Manager to ensure staff will meet production schedules.
- Ensure all maintenance programs and schedules are followed to guarantee equipment is in prime condition with minimal downtime to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Prepare and manage 1-year capital and operational budgets. Track plan to actual and ensures budgets are met. Develops a rolling 5-year capital plan. Control and minimize labor overtime, repair expenses and utilities.
- Develop and drive initiatives with continuous improvement objectives: focused waste minimization, productivity/efficiency and service improvements
- Lead development and implementation of best practices and business metrics in coordination with the functional leaser and executive staff to identify new value add processes, manage key risks, and pursue meaningful opportunities for improvement.
- Track and report KPIs and metrics for all operations at site and coordinate vessel activities with the POH.
- Provide feedback to new construction activities relating to design functionality of the systems.
- Participates as member of the Leadership Team in overall leadership of the company.
- Lead union negotiations covering the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Up to 20% travel as required to manage various facilities.
- High School diploma/GED a minimum; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years management experience in terminal management, related terminal activities, refinery, tank vessel experience or plant operations.
- Experience in staff management and project management knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software
- Knowledge of and skill in operating typical terminal equipment
- Must have TWIC card of be TWIC eligible
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents (regulations, policies, reports, bids, etc), blueprints, drawings
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are a must; Bilingual ability is a plus
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate with all levels of the organization, from front-line employees to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Strong basic math skills, and the ability to calculate formulas, and understand tank capacities/volumes/ and percentages
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations
- Ability to work closely with a diverse group of individuals and maintain effective working relationships with staff and customers
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K + Matching
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.**