Position: Systems Administrator
Location: Danbury, CT
The System Administrator is responsible for diagnosing and resolving performance issues to ensure optimal performance and reliability for our end-users. You are a part of a wide-based team, supporting the frontlines of the company, delivering solutions that best support uninterrupted service to 3,500 employees who are both location-bound and remote.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Must have a high level of technical understanding and competence with the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- You will be responsible for ensuring proper follow up for post incident analysis, root cause analysis, as well as planning and implementing permanent fixes, are also key to this position.
- Account management and modification on core systems/services.
- Manage/support all endpoint operating systems and end-user software.
- Manage/support communication platforms, such as: email for local/remote devices, and network (wired/WiFi).
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure, along with maintaining integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure the integrity and security of endpoint systems.
- Maintain inventory, and asset configuration documentation.
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues, including first-level production support for certain key vendor and proprietary applications.
- Deploy networks/solutions/services; as directed by NOC Manager.
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience supporting networks with user counts greater than 500.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Experience with managing deployments/rollouts.
- Strong Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, VPN, Virtualization technologies, SAAS, IAAS, network devices, firewalls, intrusion prevention and security protocols.
- Experience with Incident Management tools, Trouble ticket systems, Asset Tracking and Asset Management systems (RMM/MDM), and centralized deployment tools for software and patches, file integrity monitoring, log monitoring, system availability monitoring and alerting tools.
- Knowledgeable with Change Management Systems and processes and experienced with implementing and maintaining change management workflows.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to interact across all levels of the organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft products/services, especially Server OS’s, AD/LDAP, IIS, Exchange and Office Products
- Willing to work with remote teams in different geographies and time zones / periodic travel will be required (domestic and international).
- Experience with SonicWall Security Appliances.
- Experience with Citrix ShareFile, and LogMeIn GoTo Meeting.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.