Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
St. Gabriel, LA
Seeking a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: St. Gabriel, LA (Will assist in relocation)
Salary: $80,000 - $120,000 + Bonus
- Reviews customer specifications to gain a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ design criteria, schedule and budget to create proper design criteria. Reviewing and evaluating customer design criteria and interpreting and applying design codes and standard to ensure design products conform to approved design criteria.
- Performs calculations using RCS system, PV Elite/Code Calc, and/or Compress to determine appropriate design and associated process from concept to fabrication.
- Evaluates mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Selects proper weld procedures to be used in fabrication of heat exchanger. Welding engineer may assist in getting procedures approved for use.
- Interfaces with both internal and external customers to provide engineering assistance.
- Attends pre-fabrication meetings with customers.
- Prepares bills of material for long lead items at beginning of job and balance of material after drawings are finalized
- Oversee design package and help lead/direct designers and drafters as needed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree
- Demonstrated working knowledge of design and fabrication of shell and tube heat exchanger, pressure vessels or related custom engineered equipment
- Possess working knowledge of ASME code, specifically section VIII and IX. Computer aided design knowledge. Fabrication knowledge / experience preferred.
- Excellent engineering skills including Materials and Statics is a pre-requisite. Comprehension of technical specification & requirements is a must
- 8+ years’ experience related to the design experience of fixed mechanical equipment in a chemical, petrochemical or similar manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ASME and API codes for pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks, and piping systems
- Working knowledge of design software related to pressure vessels
- Rotating equipment design, specification or operations experience
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.