10625 Telge Road Houston, TX, TX 77095
Seeking a Software Engineering Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: DOE (Depends on experience)
- The Software Engineering Specialist is responsible as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for software products developed by the company.
- They are responsible for continuously seeking ways to improve products, services, and processes to increase value for customers.
- They will participate in a cross-functional team to design and develop software to control electronics, monitor user access to secure carts and cabinets, maintain medication and medical supply inventory, and communicate information to external applications.
- Development of new products and maintenance & support of existing products.
- Successfully build, maintain, & innovate high quality software products for medical devices that provide solutions that meet or exceed market expected value.
- Responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining the company design responsibilities through planning, goals, and process directives.
- Use modern architecture and strategies to develop elegant software solutions for the medical industry.
- Prepare solution architecture and coordinate with other technical leads as well as vendors, where applicable
- Responsible for software revisions while being sensitive to distributed applications and the impact of newer versions to deployed systems currently in-use by customers.
- Understand and practice Scrum project management methods. Be a proactive, engaged, and model Scrum contributor.
- Lead system design reviews and product innovation sessions.
- Resourceful in identifying, clarifying, and removing obstacles.
- Responsible for training internal staff as well as the end-user on software functionality and maintainability.
- Prepare and record data regarding Software, Software revisions, Purchase Requisition forms, and other standard Engineering forms.
- Assess clients’ needs, provide workflow analysis, and redesign solutions for inefficiencies in the medication management processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 10+ years of experience developing software using modern techniques.
- Must have experience in Healthcare
- Minimum of 10 years of documented success in software product development.
- Working knowledge of C#.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365 applications.
- This role requires an independent yet highly collaborative individual who is accountable for results, enjoys a dynamic startup environment, and strives to make an impact.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and maintaining complex software architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with web-based solutions.
- 5+ years of experience developing, maintaining, and supporting medical device software that integrates with hardware and other healthcare systems.
- Expert of relational database development.
- Expert integrating with SDKs, APIs, and DLLs.
- Expert in software security
- Practical experience with IoT systems.
- Practical experience with REST, https, and html.
- Practical experience with .NET development and deployment.
- Practical understanding of Universal Windows Programs (UWP) and (WPF)
- Practical experience with GitHub
- Practical experience with Azure.
- Practical experience with Angular or React and html.
- Extensive theoretical and practical experience in the concept, design, test, release, and support of software products.
- Experience developing software that is compliant with FDA and ISO medical device regulations.
- Experience developing software in compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- Expert experience with direct HL7 interfacing or 3rd party integrations (ex. Redox).
- Proficient across the technical stack.
- Experience in the following languages: Python 3.0.
- Experience with Image Scanners.
- Experience with Jenkins automation server.
- Experience integrating biometrics.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application