Houston, TX 77040
In search of an SMT Technician. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Location: NW Houston
Job Pay: $20/HR - $25/HR
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00AM – 4:00PM. Might see some Saturdays
• Electro-mechanical assembly according to procedures and drawings provided.
• Responsible for assembling and wiring electrical assemblies, such as control panels and small sub-assemblies. Layout and assemble electrical wiring harnesses and electronic components.
• Follow complex wiring diagrams, schematics, BOM's, work orders and other written procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
• Drill and tap holes in specified locations to mount components on a specific assembly using hand and power tools.
• Fill in and complete WO's.
• Elevate safety, quality and manufacturing issues to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards.
• Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
• Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
• Knowledge and use of the following equipment: digital multi-meter, screen printer, pick and place, oven.
• 5+ years’ experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment
• Anti-static procedures
• Soldering and de-soldering
• Electrical assembly
• Computers and computer components
• Schematics (electrical and mechanical)
• Skillfully operate a variety of hand-tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, electrical drill presses and soldering irons
• High School Graduate, some college and/or Military experience