Research and Development Manager
Research and Development Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston, TX
Position Salary: $100,000 – $120,000 Base (Depending on Experience) + Bonus
- Leading the company’s R&D and Innovation efforts, working to improve formulation and quality control of products.
- In charge of new product development tests, prototypes and production standards.
- Establish quality metrics, proposes improved formulations and supports technical reports on samples of evidence retained in response to product claims.
- Iterates with formulations of cementitious and polymeric based products to continuously improve product functionality and cost structure.
- Support new product development and allocate appropriate laboratory resources.
- Proposes improved formulations and prepares timelines to update throughout the development and modification process.
- Lead regular project review meetings with R&D Central Manager.
- Helps coordinate all quality control tests and product checks for the company.
- Compares the company's products' performance against other similar products in the market to find potential weaknesses or shortcoming in the company's products and suggests modifications based on the analysis.
- Responsible for purchasing laboratory supplies and inventory.
- Tests new raw materials proposed by vendors to evaluate the effects on performance and cost.
- Meets with raw material and other chemical vendors to receive recommendations on the usage of new products that are made available to the company.
- Establishes critical-to-quality metrics and functional requirements for chemicals and additives used in the company's products.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment in proper working conditions, make suggestions on new required equipment; Test different pigmented products upon customer request.
- Elaborate testing and technical reports on retained test samples in response to product claims.
- Test and investigate claims to find the root problem by taking product samples that the sales team brings from the field.
- Perform evaluations with technician assistance on current lab tests methodology as required by industry standards or specific project requirements.
- Works as an active team member of cross functional project teams with Manufacturing, Sales and Technical Support within the company and along the global organization.
- Complete company required documentation in connection with project assignment including laboratory notebooks, project reports, and new or revised product specifications.
- Convey findings to management team and all associates to prevent future customer satisfaction failures.
- Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Engineering or equivalent
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in related Research and Development fields.
- Proven experience of at least 5 to 10 years in cementitious and polymeric based products
- Strong background working with Scientific and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; Bilingual ability a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.**