Regional Technical Sales Manager
- Portland, OR -
Our client in the industrial control instrumentation industry is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to join their growing team.
Salary: $90,000-$110,000 base + quarterly bonus and car allowance
Location: Seattle, WA / Portland, OR area (Covering the North West and Western Canada)
- Actively manage distribution channels within the assigned territory; agreeing on annual forecast; reviewing actual results versus expectations regularly to ensure channels are adequately investing in the resources necessary to promote products within the assigned territory; taking corrective action as and when required
- Providing technical and commercial product training to the distribution channels within the assigned territory
- Annually submitting and implementing a detailed sales plan identifying sales objectives, sales opportunities, major customers and regional conferences and exhibitions to be attended during the following fiscal year.
- Participating in sales activities including customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade conferences and exhibitions, product demonstrations and customer seminars.
- Maintaining customer activity files and mailing lists.
- Collecting and reporting information on all competitive activity within the assigned territory.
- Up to 50% travel will be required
- Four-year degree required with a technical background preferred
- Five+ years’ experience in Process and analytical instrumentation sales experience in similar products and services (analyzers) (Beneficial, not required)
- Experience selling into Pharmaceuticals, Food, Semiconductor, Industrial gas, Compressed air, HVAC industries is preferred
- Must have experience selling Instrumentation
- Computer literate in MS Excel, Word, Dynamics CRM
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good motor vehicle driving record
- No restrictions to obtaining a passport and visa for travel
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.