11700 Katy Fwy Suite 600 Houston, TX 77079
Seeking a Quality Manager
- Briefly describe the job’s primary purpose or contribution to the department or the organization
- Manages the quality management system of the company and acts as the representative of the system.
- List the job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Include all important aspects of the job – whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and that occur at irregular intervals.
- Research requirements outlined by ISO for its ISO9001 standard.
- Assist in defining relevant operating processes/procedures for the effectiveness of the company’s business and to be compliant with the ISO9001 standard.
- Draft or update, review and finalize the processes for the company’s quality management system.
- Draft or update, review and finalize supporting documentation for the processes within the company’s quality management system.
- Manage and maintain the company’s quality manual for the quality management system.
- Maintain the quality management system documents and manage the process/document register spreadsheet.
- Continuously review that ISO requirements are being met within the company’s processes through gap analysis.
- Track regulations for updates that may affect the company, quality management system and its processes.
- Conduct regular training sessions, for either groups or individual employees, of the company’s processes and procedures.
- Plan and conduct internal audits. Train and supervise the internal auditing team.
- Handle all interactions and communications with ISO certifying registrars; arrange external audit of the company’s quality management system for ISO9001 recertification.
- This is not a leadership role, this is hands on.
- Assist with the creation of and responsible for the management of corrective and preventative actions for both internal nonconformities and commercial/service related issues and claims.
- Follow up on reported actions and evaluate for effectiveness.
- Conduct trend analysis of areas including, but not limited to, customer complaints and level of satisfaction, root cause on nonconformities, on-time delivery, audit findings etc. Present trends to top management at least twice per year during Management Review Meeting.
- Review, research and complete customer questionnaires related to the company’s quality system.
- Education and/or work experience required for this role: Deviation from the education and/or experience level listed below is acceptable only if approved by the President. The reason for the deviation must be documented and filed in the personnel file
- Bachelor’s degree in any field or At least three years’ work experience in the quality management field
- Experience with ISO9001 (Implementation)
- Experience with: Navision, Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook, Salesforce
- Good communication skills.
- Structured and organized.
- Ability to perform work with honesty and diligence.
- Ability to manage and coach team.
- Good time management, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Ability to give and accept criticism and feedback.
- Ability to make decisions.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application