Houston, TX 77056
A growing oil and gas services company is looking for a Project Manager to join their team. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Location: West Houston
Job Pay: $98,400 - $147,600 (Depending on Experience)
• Under direct supervision, develop and deliver a project management plan encompassing all the details of a project to the team members
• Set realistic and practical goals for the project and develop appropriate strategies for achieving these goals
• Provide coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently
• Identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required to complete the project successfully
• Evaluate the progress of project on regular basis and identify risks to schedule, cost or quality of deliverables
• Utilize the latest strategies, tools and terminologies used in project management worldwide so that he may also make adopt them to increase productivity
• Build and implement or socialize the best practices for performing all the tasks;
• Develop and execute an efficient internal communication strategy for ensuring communication with all levels of management within the team
• Utilize appropriate techniques for disturbing tasks according to the skills of every team member and also to evaluate the performance of all team members.
• Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of Buyers and related workers involved in purchasing equipment, supplied, products and services for the company.
• Directs and monitors all activities related to purchasing activities, production planning, maintaining and analyzing production and sales requirements, comparing progress to schedule, resolving scheduling conflicts, assessing data and coordinating solutions
• Ensure the purchase, quality and timely delivery of required parts, services, final and subassemblies, raw materials, capital equipment and expenses.
• Identify and develop opportunities to reduce both operating and working capital costs.
• Develop and maintain strategic alliances with selected vendors for critical parts and participate in contract negotiations as needed.
• Measure vendor performance and address associated issues including late deliveries and cost recovery of vendor non-conformances.
• Lead quality audits of critical and other selected vendors.
• Provide procurement support for applicable parts to other company facilities located worldwide.
• Evaluate and develop employee skills in Supply Chain and Procurement.
• Actively support both the quote and order management processes.
• Support Corporate Supply Chain initiatives, as required.
• Support warehouse improvement initiatives to drive accuracy and timeliness in receiving, picking and inventory cycle counts within the facility.
• Establish and maintain purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair and ethical relationships with vendors.
• Keep informed on legal matters affecting purchasing policies.
• Assess ongoing performance of Supply Chain and Procurement functions and communicate results to senior management on a regular basis.
• Know and understand the company Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of the company.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Confer and coordinate with Buyers (Purchasing) on the status of purchase orders for parts being procured for assemblies to ensure timely release and completion of assembly production orders.
• Direct reports to action MRP messages in an effective and timely manner.
• Confer with Production leads and supervisors to determine status of production orders.
• Attend production meetings, to provide detailed updates on the plan and manage promise dates.
• Review open spare sales orders, verifying validity of product shortages/routings and prints.
• Adaptable to change and responsive to direction. Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization, customers, and vendors.
• Experience with developing contracts and negotiations. Strong organizational and leadership skills with focus on continual improvement CPM or CPIM certification.
• 10 Years’ experience in Procurement Management.
• Experienced in Material Resource Planning (MRP)
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
• Knowledge of raw materials: pipe, tube, flat rolled steel, castings and rubber molded products.
• Knowledge of production processes, quality control, cost and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.