Houston, TX 77041
A growing contributor in the oil and gas industry is looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job type: Contract to Hire
Job Location: NW Houston
Job Pay: $26/HR - $28/HR with a $0.75 shift differential (Depending on Experience)
• Supervision of the 2nd Shift Production group (Assembly, Machining, Materials and Welding); including safety, quality, delivery, productivity and performance management.
• Responsible for making recommendations and supporting continuous improvement, 5S and Lean manufacturing concepts, while actively encouraging associate involvement.
• Senior leader for shift, responsible for ensuring the on-time delivery for all orders.
• Supervise the 2nd Shift Production group including assigning work tasks, monitoring work progress, staff attendance, hiring, performance management, training and coaching.
• Assist with technical problems encountered as needed and interface with all levels of the company to ensure production objectives are met
• Identify and conduct appropriate training for team members on system changes, strategic initiatives, and day-to-day assembly functions.
• Coordinate shift maintenance activities and audits equipment checklists to verify proper monitoring by operations, including proper operation of equipment
• Respond to and assist with investigations of all injury reports, accidents, illnesses, near misses and property damage immediately.
• Effectively handle strong email volume, phone calls and clerical duties as required.
• Conduct root cause analysis, identify issues and implement solutions
• Create and deliver various 2nd Shift Production reports
• Partner with and provide support to internal customers, external customers and suppliers
• Develop and maintain standard work for 2nd Shift Production group functions
• High School Diploma or GED
• At least 3 years of experience in manufacturing assembly operations, preferably in an Oil & Gas Valve Manufacturing environment
• At least 5 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing
• ERP System experience, Oracle strongly preferred
• Experience with international and domestic shipping and logistics preferred
• Experience with ISO-9001 preferred.
• Solid problem solving skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to read prints.
• Knowledge and practice of LEAN concepts
• Knowledge of tooling, fixtures and jigs.
• Proficient MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
• Ability to operate powered industrial equipment
• Shows respect, understanding, tact and concern to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others.
• Maintains confidentiality and has high ethical standards.
• Demonstrates a personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
• Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.