110 Vision Park Blvd The Woodlands, TX 77384
Seeking a Network/Systems Administrator
Location: The Woodlands
Pay Rate: $90,000 - $100,000
- The network/systems administrator is responsible for the engineering, configuring, and maintaining a large number of our server networks and systems.
- Designing and installing LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
- Responsibilities will also include the participation on project teams to achieve the overall objectives of the Information Technology Team.
- Manage the secure configuration and operation of server-based computer operating systems
- Manage the secure configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Manage/administer MS SQL Server systems
- Manage/administer Office365
- Monitor systems daily using existing tools and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Manage availability/testing of disaster recovery systems
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administer infrastructure including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Implement infrastructure adhering to the NIST cybersecurity framework
- Document and report network incidents
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter (Level 2 technician)
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests when required
- Respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Work on-call with the ability to visit our datacenter locations after hours if needed for troubleshooting
- 4+ years’ experience in network/system administration – preferably within the financial industry
- Associate or higher degree in a related field or current Network+, Server+, and MCSE certifications
- Cloud platform and infrastructure certification preferred
- Proficient in AWS, SQL Server, Microsoft and Linux Servers.
- Proficient in configuring Sonicwall Enterprise Firewalls
- 2+ years’ experience in server virtualization.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering fully redundant server networks
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Familiarity with the NIST Cybersecurity framework
- Experience in administering Remote Desktop RemoteApp application delivery
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills required
- Ability to work within a team to troubleshoot and solve difficult issues
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Passion for technology and cybersecurity
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.