Houston, TX 77047
Seeking a Logistics Supervisor
Location: South Houston, TX
Hourly Rate: $40.00-$43.00/hr
Job Type: Contract (3-5 months)
- Responsible for all aspects of storage, control, and distribution of materials and products to meet company objectives and customer requirements. This involves directing and administering inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials storage.
- Responsible for the management and development of the Warehouse/Logistics staff.
- Responsible for receiving materials, supplies, equipment and services while maintaining inventory in conjunction with Finance.
- Coordinates with Site to schedule delivery of materials, supplies, equipment, and services according to requirements of the company's operations. Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages, however caused.
- Supports the shipping and receiving functions of the company and oversees the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Ensures that the company's established procedures are followed in connection with all Materials Management functions.
- Ensures deviations are properly investigated and closed.
- Assesses workload and manages resource deployment to achieve goals, manufacturing, and project timelines.
- Assist in coordinating recalls when deemed necessary.
- Participates in Regulatory Inspections and client audits as needed.
- Participates in cross-site forums and contributes to Business Unit Quality and Safety policies and procedures as requested.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: BS or BA Degree – MBA preferred
- At least 5-8 years of working experience in a regulated environment
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in managing warehouse/logistics in multi sites desired
- Working knowledge of FDA/EU regulations related to Pharma-Bio Manufacturing and/or any other regulated industry
- Working knowledge of transportation/logistics both domestic and international.
- Able to interpret and apply cGMP and regulatory knowledge in routine and non-routine cases.
- SAP, Microsoft Excel & Outlook, inventory systems
- Able to communicate orally and written in a professional manor, highly organized and able to multi-task, ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work within a team.
- Travel less than 10%
- Must know and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries
- Adherence to cGMPs is required at all times during the manufacture of APIs