New Orleans, LA
One of our clients in the Marine Industry is seeking an IT Manager
Location: Avondale – New Orleans, LA
- The IT Manager will maintain the organization’s critical IT infrastructure including network, servers, and end user hardware supporting operational activities, and will be responsible for efficient operation of the support desk.
- The IT Manager will interface with all levels of the company and will identify best use of internal and external resources to provide best in class IT support to the organization.
- The IT Manager will identify initiatives that develop and enhance the organization’s use of technology in business operation and will help set technology strategy for the organization.
- Work with the executives, regional offices, and staff to assess and respond to IT needs
- Coordinate administration of IT Help Desk
- Coordinate administration and utilization of external resources (e.g. managed service provider) to meet company’s IT needs and achieve IT goals
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff
- Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of computer hardware and software, telecom, and wireless equipment
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions, systems operations and maintenance
- Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the IT network including the wireless networks, PBX systems, mobile devices, and Internet connections for the corporate and 14 regional offices
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
- Must obtain all certificates, licenses and registrations as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, business administration, public administration, mathematics or related field
- Five years of experience in technical operations and/or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft windows configuration, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of TCP/IP, networks supporting VOIP telephony, microcomputers and other systems
- System development, complex project management, knowledge of HP network hardware, Hyper-V Virtualization, client/server technology and Internet/intranet experience required
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies. Certified Onbase Admin desirable
- Highly proficient in MS Office 365.
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to meet the needs of a dynamic business.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application