General Manager - Sales
- Houston, TX -
General Manager Sales
Location: Houston, TX
- Responsible for the profitability and productivity of the company and to develop, archive and increase standards, sales targets and profit objectives in accordance with the HQ in Europe.
- The General Manager Sales is responsible for managing, directing and leading the Houston sales and warehouse operation across its industrial segments that actively engage with new and existing clients
- This role is responsible for the long-term development and growth of the overall sales strategy and execution as well as the stocked inventory
- Have and develop an understanding of the pipe/flanges/fittings industry and market position, strategy and solution value add as well as an up to date understanding of solutions and road maps.
- Analyze industries and companies for new customers, markets and trends.
- Controls expenses and earnings to meet budget guidelines.
- Develop new and existing key accounts
- Prepare, initiate and coordinate action plans by individuals as well by team for the effective search for international sales leads and prospects.
- Create, organize & conduct sales forecast, seminars, presentations, service and performance demonstrations and other requests for inside sales representatives and customers as needed.
- Learn and perform efficient and accurate data entry using specific ERP software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar required, advanced degree desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate
- 10+ years experience as Manager mainly with sales functions at distributor or maybe master distributor level
- Start up experience Beneficial
- Minimum ten years’ experience in a sales management position within the PVF industry (Flanges, and Fittings being most important)
- Minimum five years’ experience in people management
- Proven experience in hiring, managing & mentoring team members
- Experience from a Distributor or a Master Distributor
- Global or International experience is preferred
- Experience using MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to learn or experience in ERP-systems, experience with MS Dynamics Nav preferred
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.