Electrical Maintenance Technician
2425 West Loop South Suite 200 Houston, TX 77027
Murray Resources is in search of a Electrical Maintenance Technician to work for an international cement manufacturing company. This is a great opportunity to be a part of opening a new location with a growing, stable company in the Houston area. This is a temp to hire role with opportunity for advancement.
Location: Houston, East
Pay: $20/hr - $30/hr - DOE
Type: Temp to Hire
- Performs, rebuilds, repairs, removal and install on the following but not limited to: electrical systems, PLC equipment, automation system, switchgear cabinets, circuit breakers, controllers, encoders, fuses, sensors, load cells, motors, switches, transducer, transformer etc.
- Perform electrical testing and calibration.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment.
- Identify faulty equipment through observation and testing metrics.
- Determines if immediate maintenance action is required and acts appropriately.
- Attend daily meetings to prioritize work orders and minimize downtime.
- Safely operate power tools, hoists and hand tools.
- Assess the condition of used parts.
- Maintain parts and tools inventory.
- Prepare maintenance reports as required.
- Maintains tools, equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Interacts with vendors and outside service providers.
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in all working areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work in cement manufacturing environment that may be hot, cold, wet, dusty, and physically demanding. Must be able to hear and see warning horns and other hazards.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have an industrial electrician background.
- Must have Texas Journeyman license.
- Proficient in the use of electrical installation tools, hand tools, power tools, hoists and industrial equipment.
- Advanced Knowledge of
- AC Motor and VFD systems,
- Power Distribution and Motor Control Systems - Transformers, contactors, breakers, motors, encoders
- Instrumental Systems - sensors and instruments.
- Proficient of HMI systems.
- Understanding PLC systems
- Must be able to identify colored wiring by sight.
- Performs a wide range of essential duties requiring heavy lifting, awkward work positions, climbing ladders and frequent movement both within and outside multi-floor buildings.
- Must have a good understanding of blueprints, one-line diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Basic Knowledge of
- Mechanical equipment (Gearboxes, bearings, couplings, precision alignment, universal joints, safety coupling, hydraulic actuators)
- Hydraulic equipment (Hydraulic diagrams, drawing interpretation; Hydraulic filtration, conditioning systems; Directional, proportional and servo valves system)
- Lubrication theory and systems (Grease types for complex application; Force and/or positive grease and oil systems; Oil analysis and interpretation of oil analysis results)
- Basic levels of welding and fabricating.
- Basic computer skills.
- Forklift and loader operator license are required. Experience with various mobile equipment. Operation of: man lifts, skid steers, etc.
- Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions of the assigned work.
- Positive attitude, collaborative worker, team player.
- Covers off-shift calls as needed. Attends work regularly and reliably.
- Must be willing to take responsibility of the team members when necessary.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
***Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application. ***