Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 Base (Depending on Experience)
Position Location: Houston, TX
- Performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of engineering to the functional area of the project.
- Exercises judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Responsibilities will include engineering calculations, studies, detailed design, report writing, field investigations and interacting with other engineers, directs designers and drafters to ensure project completion
- Responsible for the technical content and quality of the work, and adherence to schedules for the assigned task or project. Selects and applies engineering principles and concepts in field of specialization.
- Able to interpret and develop low voltage One Line diagrams, hazardous area plans, wiring diagrams, E&I plan drawings
- Able to develop Electrical data sheets and load lists and responsible for reporting on work progress
- Should be a leader on the team and should focus on communication and coordination with project managers, team leader, team members, etc. The Electrical Engineer will also assist in training down to other team members on how EMA’s design process works.
- Performs most tasks with varying levels of supervision and may interact with clients as directed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree from an accredited college/university required
- 2+ years’ experience of relevant electrical engineering industrial experience required
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Must be able to demonstrates moderate proficiency in technical subjects
- Familiar with ETAP and SKM software for electrical power system studies
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to learn new techniques and software
- Ability to work with engineering software packages a plus
- Strong background experience working Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and REVIT is preferred for the role.
- Should have a firm understanding of codes, EMA’s design process, and be able to consistently complete job deliverables and deadlines on time.
- EIT (FE Exam) a Plus.
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K + Matching
- Potential Bonus
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.**