EPC Cost Estimator
EPC Cost Estimator
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston, TX
Position Salary: $70,000-$85,000 Base (Depending on Experience)
- Proven track record of performing accurate EPC project cost estimates.
- Work with EPC project management, engineering, procurement, and construction to accurately estimate projects, prepare proposals to submit to customers and provide preliminary project schedules based on the estimates.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing data to estimate the cost related to labor, equipment, and equipment required for the execution of a project
- Provides accurate material take offs and accurately estimate project hours from engineering drawings.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Assures estimates are completed in a timely manner, accurately, and free of omissions or hidden contingency.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Required to meet customer deadlines for proposal preparation and submittal.
- Visit customer sites when necessary to determine electrical installation requirements needed to complete estimates per customer request.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited school. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in estimating
- Construction, Utility, Substation Design, or Oil and Gas Industry experience preferred
- Understanding of basic electrical systems, components and requirements and prior estimating experience.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and Effective written and oral communications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate with other areas to achieve goals and objectives with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete projects on a timely basis.
- Work with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, be able to meet goals and deadlines on own initiative.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office products (Project, Outlook, Word, Excel & Power Point).
- Advance knowledge of Excel.
- Additional responsibilities may be added at the direction of Company’s management.
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution and control systems design and understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Background in Construction, Electrical, and Mechanical systems experience is a plus
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.