Design Engineer Lead
NW Houston, TX
Design Engineer Lead
Position Location: NW Houston, TX
Position Salary: $80,000 - $95,000 Base (Depending on Experience) + Potential Bonus
Position Type: Direct Hire
- This is a hands-on role that is responsible for engineering and development of assigned electric powered Hydraulic control systems & other valve related automation products.
- This includes providing engineering support for daily sales orders and new product development, providing technical support for sales quotations and customer inquiries, and working with manufacturing to resolve production issues.
- Develop technical specifications of new products with a focus on pneumatic and hydraulic valve automation and electro-hydraulic control systems develops, analyzes, and documents product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability and safety requirements of the product.
- Acquires and applies skills necessary to design, develop and introduce new products with the greatest possible design margins and in the shortest amount of time.
- Identifies, quantifies, and implements tools, methods, processes and equipment, which improve the quality, reliability and performance of the product.
- Actively participates to improve and mature product development processes by developing, implementing and improving design standards and development flow.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent background; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of product design/engineering and testing experience working with HPU’s
- This should include the use of standard mechanical engineering analysis and Solidworks / MathCAD software (i.e. Stress/FEA and Geometric Dimensioning tolerance analysis) as well as material selection.
- Technical leadership experience is a plus for this role
- Ability to handle simultaneous tasks in a fast-track development environment
- Ability to identify critical steps and design features, to set goals and priorities, to select and implement relevant technical standards and methods
- Experience in design for manufacturability and assembly
- Basic machining practice exposure and understanding desirable
- CAD and ERP systems for design and documentation, Solidworks experience highly preferred
- Ability to correctly use standard test and measurement equipment to quantify design margins and potential interference problem
- Ability to identify, quantify and permanently resolve problems using computational and experimental methods
- Ability to use Windows based PC's and standard software applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong communications skill both verbal and written, accompanied by excellent customer service skills.
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K + Matching
- Potential Bonus
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.