612 Brazos Street Austin, TX 78701
Specialty chemical company in Austin is seeking a Controller to join their team! The ideal candidate must have at least 5+ years working for a privately held company. Candidates with start up experience are a PLUS! Must be able to wear multiple hats as needed.
Location: Austin, Texas
- Build and maintain all primary reporting to support division.
- Income statement, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliation, year-end preparation, payroll and all other ad hoc financial reporting.
- Responsible for accurate cost allocations and effective cash flow management for three divisions.
- Strategic planning to enable business teams to drive profitability for the division.
- Maintain customer administrative relationships and identify opportunities to produce enhanced financial results,
- Make significant contribution(s) to maintain long term customer relationships.
- Intercompany submissions and timelines will figure prominently in period (monthly, quarterly, year-end) reporting.
- Review and approve monthly financial statements, account reconciliations and treatment of various accounting issues
- Develop accounting policies and procedures
- Coordinate with external auditors and lead bank and investor reporting
- Optimize ERP structure and performance
- BA Degree in Accounting/Finance required or equivalent experience
- Strong working experience in GAAP
- 5+ years working for a privately held firm
- 10+ years as a Controller
- Exposure working with “inter-company” financial reporting structures
- Experience implementing new accounting systems and processes within an organization or project
- Exquisite written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to lead a team of professionals
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must have
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.