2000 St James Place Houston, TX 77027
Compensation: $81,000 - $122,000
A client based in Houston, TX has an opening for a Compliance Investigator. The position includes various responsibilities relating to the Code of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption Standards, and Conflicts of Interest Standards, as well as various anti-corruption laws, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct (lead/execute) internal investigations, sometimes multi-disciplinary, with focus on matters involving Code of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption Standards, and Compliance policies, and serve as a subject matter expert on forensic accounting matters.
- Support Investigations Managers and coordinate with other functions (Assurance, Human Resources, Health & Safety, Security & Operations) to report findings and recommendations to senior management
- Identify and evaluate compliance risk areas, and recommend remediation actions to mitigate risk
- Assist in conducting anti-corruption focused country compliance reviews/audits, and desktop audits of global business operations
- Identify and remediate process gaps and non-compliant conduct/behavior (e.g., fraud, financial abuse)
- Draft investigative reports and financial analyses for presentation to management
- Support the design and delivery of Investigations training to non-Compliance investigators
- Other Compliance-based ad hoc projects
- University degree required (Finance, Legal/Audit, Accounting preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of investigations/forensic accounting experience
- Formal forensic accounting training and experience/proficiency working with JDE and/or SAP; knowledge of accounting information systems & financial transactions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting and/or leading fraud or anti-corruption related investigations
- Certified Fraud Examiner Status
- Experience working in the oil & gas industry
- Experience working with electronic data collection and e-Discovery review tools (e.g., Relativity, Nuix)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to personally respond to each applicant. Should your resume be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.