Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston, TX
Position Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 Base Salary (Depending on Experience)
- Under the direction of the Department Manager and / or Operations Manager, assist in the efficient operation and growth of the coatings department
- Manage initiatives for the department set forth and in conjunction with location safety strategy
- Provide professional and timely customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction through daily interaction with technicians and execution of operational jobs.
- Conduct technical assessments of projects and compile reports
- Provide direct supervision of lab technical staff
- Provide status updates, quote assistance and other internal and external customer service responsibilities as needed
- Understand the customer needs in order to translate and deliver desired customer results
- Work with department supervisors, technical experts, or technicians on a local and global level to obtain input and assist in the creation for testing scope, delivery of items needed from other support departments within the location
- Assist in providing complex quotations and provide quick and accurate quotations or be part of the team that provides quotes to customers
- Under the direction of the assigned Department Manager, may participate and contribute in perform supervisory responsibilities to include hiring decisions, performance management input, decisions and execution, and approval of overtime and time cards.
- Adhere to, support and follow all company guidelines and be a key member of the department's safety team and provides awareness around safety first
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field or college level courses completed with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an industry similar or related to the Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) industry
- Preferred 3+ years’ experience in Coatings and Paint Applications
- Working knowledge of laboratory safety
- Ability to lift <50 lbs. often and > 50 lbs. on occasion and stand on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work primarily alone and make independent decisions during the course of the work day
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate the importance of meeting all applicable requirements of the coatings department
- Working knowledge of coatings related national and international standards.
- Proven ability to read, understand and interpret program or test requirements and have ability to analyze and translate into finished testing or report data
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Strong computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet software
- Proven and recognized ability to provide accurate and timely status reports to internal and external customers
- Ability to track multiple testing jobs / programs from start to finish and assist with contract review of job status daily, including follow-up emails and phone calls daily to and from internal and external customers
- Proven ability to work and communicate as part of a global team.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.**