Business System Analyst
Houston, TX 77011
Seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst
Salary: $110,000-$150,000 + Bonus
Location: Houston, TX
Responsibilities and Activities
- Work with multiple business units to understand their needs and to leverage effective utilization of information technology to manage and profitably grow the business.
- Involved with business application support for approximately 85 users across three offices.
- Required to develop external network within business communities to deliver agreed upon objectives.
- No direct reports, may manage 3rd party IT consultants on project basis
- Some occasional domestic travel
- Analyze new and legacy business requirements and system capabilities to propose, direct development of, and implement improvements.
- Consult with business staff at multiple sites to understand their needs and to leverage effective utilization of ERP, CRM, Reporting, and other key systems and interacting technology.
- Conduct project leadership work in a manner consistent with high quality and respect for deadlines and time commitments.
- Provide on-demand responsiveness required to keep business application solutions operating efficiently.
- Perform duties in concert with Information Technology team.
- Perform technology project leadership tasks including planning, design, development oversight, status reporting, task scheduling, and business / technical analysis, testing, rollout, training, and project closure.
- Identify, report, and help solve project issues, conflicts, and problems. Mitigate risks that jeopardize the project deliverables.
- Write functional specifications that document business and technical requirements that are usable by business management and 3rd party development resources.
- Develop system and user documentation for the purposes of knowledge management and self-service application support.
- Understand the structure of business system databases and work to ensure their integrity and operational efficiency.
- Deliver comprehensive on-demand status reporting to the Director, Business Applications.
- Manage interdependencies between projects.
- Attend industry conventions and seminars to learn of new applications and solutions.
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendor relationships related to services utilized.
- Bachelor degree in either a Computer Science or Business curriculum.
- Formal technical training in business application development or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of professional work experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with business system user support, and functional solution development using 3rd party and in-house resources and tools.
- Knowledge of ERP, including CRM, applications: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or D365 is a must. Microsoft CRM is a nice to have.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Relational database design and SQL experience.
- Data conversion experience related to system migration, upgrade, or other activities.
- Experience with distribution or manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills; the ability to develop working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization which enhances productivity and improves results of IT solution utilization.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.