Business Development Manager
5 West 37th St. Suite 300 New York, NY 10018
Growing and international Freight Forwarder is looking for dynamic and highly-motivated individuals to join their growing sales team and help expand their presence in Houston area. The primary focus is in import shipments and experience is a must!
Location: Remote (Will eventually have Houston office)
Salary: $85,000-100,000 base salary
- Call on prospective clients using an existing list of targeted prospects.
- Educate prospects about our software and understand how it fits their needs.
- Qualify leads and schedule meetings between potential clients and VP of Sales.
- Use CRM software to manage prospects and track activity.
- Ideal candidate will generate leads, eventually perform demos and work accounts from start to finish.
- Seeking an experienced and ambitious Sales Development professional to help us fill the top of the sales funnel.
- Minimum 3- 5 years of sales experience at an NVOCC or Freight Forwarder or steamshipline
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field, or equivalent experience
- Successful track record of generating qualified leads in an outside sales role
- Resourcefulness and persistence to reach Director-level prospects in large organizations.
- Ability to listen to customer needs as well as educate them on the benefits of partnering with the company, through a consultative sales approach.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application