Career Consultant / Resume Writer
Houston, TX | Direct Hire
This is a part time position: approximately 20-30 hours per week
Fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing career coaching and resume writing service (www.resumespice.com) built by one of the nation’s leading recruiting firms.
As a Career Consultant / Resume Writer, you will consult with clients over the phone (or in person) and then develop an effective resume based on their input and career objectives.
Only local (Houston, Texas) candidates apply.
- This is not a home-based position and remote candidates will not be considered.
- You must be able to come into our West Houston office.
We are looking for writers with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure - with a smile. We will train you on our resume philosophy and format.
- Consult with clients over the phone and then develop a resume based on their input and career objectives
- Provide resume critiques and consultations over the phone
- Formatting, editing and rewriting resumes
- Writing resumes from scratch with client-provided information
- Direct interaction with clients as necessary by phone and email
- You may also write cover letters and LinkedIn profiles, per our clients requests.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- A Word expert - you must know word very well and be able to format very quickly
- An understanding of various industries and job functions including entry level, technical, professional, and executive roles
- Organized, with impeccable attention to detail - you don't miss a period or a comma
- Preferred: relevant experience as a professional resume writer, career coach, recruiter, or human resource manager
We will follow-up with shortlisted candidates to request the following information:
- Ideal number of hours you would like to work per week (can give a range)
- Schedule you can commit to between Monday and Friday
- Two writing samples besides your own resume - can be resumes you've completed for others or other writing
- Your hourly rate